Wednesday, May 5, 2010

An Evaluation of the J198 Course Materials

I definitely think that the camera we used was a good choice. It was small, portable, easy to whip out and had a strong battery life and took good shots. It was also very easy to use, which was important for this kind of class. The tripod was good also, and though we attempted to use the lapel mic my group was not too fond of it, because it proved to be a bit annoying.

As for the books, I don't think they were very necessary. We learned a ton of things in class, and also got a lot of real-world experience, all of which made the books a little unnecessary and kind of a wasted expense. It's not that the books themselves were bad, but rather that I felt that they were there for no reason.

I think the handouts were MUCH more beneficial than the books. They really spelled out, in an idiot-proof kind of way, exactly what we needed to do and served as a great guide to look back to later on. The one time we didn't have a handout, which was for the podcasts, disaster struck! We kept forgetting what to do. The handouts really kept everyone on track, and were a huge help.

I think that's all of the course materials! Overall, I thought they were great and really helped to create great pieces of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment