Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A J198 Evaluation of Myself

I signed up for this class because it sounded cool. Honestly, that was my main reason for it. I had taken Media and Society last semester, and enjoyed it, and was interested in taking another class with Professor Littau. I went into the class knowing absolutely nothing about multimedia. I had never been on Twitter, I had never written a blog post, never made a YouTube video, etc. etc. I was open to learning all about new media, especially because I thought it would help me out in the job market.

I think I would give myself a very good evaluation of how I progressed over the course of the class. I was very open to learning new things, and I became extremely proficient with all different types of multimedia. Sure, I got frustrated at times - who doesn't? - but overall I think I was able to produce some great content, and really explore how to write a story. I invite anyone to follow me on Twitter at @alrol, or log onto YouTube and look through my videos! I think I grew a lot over the course of the class, and became much wiser about the best ways to communicate a message through the different methods of multimedia reporting.

No comments:

Post a Comment